For sale is a WW2 Chindit Medal Grouping, Photos & Diary/ memoirs belonging to 2325830 L/ SGT Reginald Rowland.
The following list is a rough outline/ titles of each page in this diary/ memoirs:
0. Address he’s at whilst he’s in the army.
1. Poetry May 17th 1937 the grey and brown hair, & truth
2. Poems R A Schooners, India land of sunshine and colours
3. Adventures of India, travel from Southampton to Bombay, battle of Mistanees, visited Sinee 1937
4. On the way back to England
5. Poem a soldiers life
6. Poem a soldiers life continued
7. Poems:why don’t you wait, illusions, my head son
8. Poem/ short story: death of Mc Caffesty
9. Poem/ short story: death of Mac Caffesty
10. Poem: Life in the army
11. Poem: Life in the army continued
12. Poem: Green eye of the yellow god
13. Poem: Green eye of the yellow god
14. Poem: Green eye of the yellow god
15. Memories: joined the royal signals on the 3rd of May to June 1937, past qualifications for operator signals 31st of March 1938. Left callerick for a visit and tour of the Empire expedition in Glasgow 29 July 1938. Left catterick for aldershot on 24th August 1938. One month leave, left England for foreign service 1938.
16. Poem: will there be any cowboys in heaven
17. Poem: Mail Call
18. Poem: Mother Machree
19. Poem: Shaddowed Waby & wonderful child
20. Poem: Rememberance
21. Poem: H I T L E R S Courtship, My Sons
22. From Albert in Italy: 30-08-1944
23. Poem: H I T L E R S Courtship part 1
24. History of Rowlands life including his dad being in RHA
25. carry on of his history and his family’s military service
26. Poem by the sea victim In war 1919
27. Carry on of last poem..... died for his country
28. All Friends addresses from his corps
29. All Friends addresses from his corps
30. All Friends addresses from his corps
31. All Friends addresses from his corps
32. Poem: Remembrance: “ Reginald Rowland is my name England is my nation, kirkee is my dividing place in Christ is my salvation when I am dead and I’m in my grave and all my bones are Sutton Pick up this book and remember me when I am quite forgotten the end.
A fantastic collection of short stories and poems describing his time through out the war a really interesting lot!
Also in this lot is a letter, a published poem, four photographs of him, an economy royal signals badge, a chindit shoulder patch, and four medals: 1939-45 star, war medal, Africa star and Burma star.
This is a great lot with tons of research potential, a cracking piece of history! This will be sent special delivery and dispatched within two to three working day’s.
Please fill in the information below