For sale is a Pre WW1 48th (Northamptonshire) Regiment Crest Letter Head. This is in good condition and measures 3.75mm in diameter. This comes in a hard plastic wallet to protect it from damage.
About 48th (Northamptonshire) Regiment :
The 48th Foot was raised in 1741, as Colonel James Cholmondeley's Regiment of Foot.
In 1748, it was numbered 48 in the order of infantry precedence. It received its county affiliation in 1782.
The Battalion was one of the first British Infantry regiments to reinforce the Maltese insurgents during the blockade of the French in Malta.
The battle honour Talavera was granted to the 48th on 12 November 1816, in commemoration of its service at the Battle of Talavera on 27th/28th July 1809 during the Peninsular War. This was incorporated into the
regimental badge on 1 July 1881. The Castle and Key superscribed Gibraltar 1779–1783 with the motto Montis Insignia Calpe, were granted to the 58th Foot, later the 2nd Battalion, Northamptonshire Regiment, on 13 May 1836 to commemorate its service in the defence of Gibraltar.
In July 1881, The 48th (Northamptonshire Regiment) linked with the 58th (Rutlandshire) Regiment to become The 1st Battalion The Northamptonshire Regiment.
These will be sent via royal mail 1st class signed for and dispatched within two working days.