For sale is a Pre WW1 School Of Signalling Aldershot Embossed Crest Letter Head. This is in good condition and measures 3.75mm in diameter. This comes in a hard plastic wallet to protect it from damage.
About School Of Signalling Aldershot:
The role of ‘C’ Troop was to provide communications for a corps headquarters, whereas for tactical purposes visual signalling methods such as flags or lamps were used. In 1875 the Signal Wing at Chatham dropped visual signalling altogether and the Instructor of Army Signalling, responsible for teaching visual signalling to arms other than the Royal Engineers, moved to Aldershot. In 1886 a School of Signalling was formed at Aldershot, housed in wooden huts until permanent brick buildings were constructed in 1895. The School was in Gallwey Road near the summit of Peaked Hill, one of the highest points in the Camp, were a semaphore and heliograph station was set up to send messages to similar stations on Caesars Camp, Hungry Hill, Crooksbury Hill and Hindhead. The Aldershot school developed a very efficient system for visual signalling which was used for all internal communications of brigades, and for general purposes in co-operation with the RE Telegraph units.
These will be sent via royal mail 1st class signed for and dispatched within two working days.