For sale is a Regular Army Certificate Of Service 19045193 Pte John Sargent RAC Royal armoured corps. In which he enlisted at Chatham on the 16th May 1947 into the general service corps and then into the royal armoured corps. His date of birth is 24/11/1928. Described as exemplary, he proved himself to be a good NCO who is happy to accept responsibility etc. He was discharged 15/05/1959 after serving 5 years and 28 days with the colours and six years 337 days with the reserves. Under trade/ progression the following remark is written about him:
“ He was employed as a tank commander, he worked well at his trade and his knowledge of Gunnery and signalling is of high order” Signed 14/05/1952 by Lieutenant colonial 3 RTR (royal tank regiment).
He served in the following:
1. General service corps- Home- 16/05/1947 to 02/12/1947
2. RAC- BAOR- 03/12/1947 to 18:09/1948
3. RAC- Home- 19/09/1948 to 03/07/1949
4. RAC- Hong Kong- 04/07/1949 to 05/09/1951
5. RAC- Malaya- 06/09/1951 to 29/01/1952
6. RAC- Hong Kong- 30/01/1952 to 39/04/1952
7. RAC- Home- 30/04/1952 to 12/06/1952
8. RAC- Section B Reserve- 13/06/1952 to 15/05/1959
Active service abroad includes: BAOR, Farelf, Hong Kong and Malaya.
He was also entitled to a general service medal (GSM) with the Malaya clasp.
This Is a great piece of history with plenty of research potential. This will be sent 1st class signed for and dispatched within two to three working day’s.
Please fill in the information below