For sale is a WW2 USAF United States Air Force ash tray made for the Sampson Air Base. Sampson Air Force Base is a closed United States military facility, that was built in 1942, last used by the United States Air Force Air Training Command as a Basic Military Training Center. It was closed in 1956 and put into caretaker status.
The facility was established initially by the United States Navy as a Naval Training Station (USNTS Sampson) in 1942. The station was named after Rear Admiral William T. Sampson. The Navy obtained 2,600 acres of former farmland and also vineyards for the facility on the east side of Lake Seneca, New York. Construction of the facility took 270 days to complete. Along with the training station, a 1500-bed hospital was constructed. The mission of USNTS Sampson was Naval basic training for large numbers of new recruits. During the war, over 411,000 recruits were trained at the station In conjunction with the building of Sampson, the United States Army established its Seneca Army Depot adjacent to the Naval Station which was used to store a wide variety of Ammun.
This will be sent via 1st class signed for and dispatched within two to three working day’s and dispatched within two to three working day’s.
Please fill in the information below