For sale is a rare ww1 Vatsrlandischer frauenvererein Uelzen, unissued fartherland and women’s association for the district of Uelzen armband. The Patriotic Women's Association (VFV) (Long form: German Women's Association for the Care and Help for Wounded in the War) was founded by the Prussian Queen (later German Empress) Augusta in 1866.
The founding of 1866, during the German War, soon gave rise to the first district clubs, which subsequently formed the forerunners of the women's associations of the Red Cross in the various regions of the Empire. The first clubs of this kind in Germany are the Patriotic Women's Association in Koblenz, the Hamburg Association and the one in Kassel, which were founded between 1866 and 1869. On the 18th July 1870 Emmy, wife of the battalion doctor Carl Türk, founded one in Lübeck immediately before the outbreak of the Franco-Prussian War.
Club hospitals were operated for wounded warriors. During the First World War, VFV also established war kindergartens.
Queen Louise Gabriele Marie von Itzenplitz (1839-1901) from the Markish noble family Itzenplitz appointed the first chairman of the association. After Louise Gabriele Marie's marriage the following year, her sister Countess Charlotte Clementine von Itzenplitz took over the chairmanship and led the association for half a century from 1867 to 1916.
Also in Berlin, Bonn and numerous other places were founded by VFV.
The history of the independent women's associations ended with the "Law on the German Red Cross" of the 9th December 1937.
These are guaranteed original or money back guaranteed. These will be sent via special delivery and dispatched within two to three working day’s.
Please fill in the information below